What we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Advance Tapes websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you fill in a contact form on our websites, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in discussion on social media platforms linked to our websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey or carry out any other activity and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and any other information you provide.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What we do with the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can opt out of receiving any communication we send you relating to this at any time;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiary, Advance Tapes France S.A.S. We may share your information with selected third parties such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
How we protect your details
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers held in England and in France only. We take appropriate technical measures to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. We have measures in place to make sure any personal information we collect is secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information